PATTERN CUTTING (Trousers) with ALICE and LILIA PRIER
If, like me, you love dressmaking but always struggle to get a good fit, then I can't recommend this two-day course highly enough. Alice and Lilia are experienced pattern cutters and designers. Alice has worked in the industry as a pattern cutter and designer for years, and most importantly, is also a fabulous teacher. Her daughter, Lilia, is a member of the textile conservation team at the V&A, specialising in conservation display (making the mannequins fit the garments). Together they run Alice and Co Patterns.
Using the acclaimed Telestia Method (a unique template that allows you to achieve a great fit whatever your measurements and body shape), and most importantly, without the need for a lot of maths and difficult calculations. Yippee.
Day One topics covered will include:
- How to take accurate body measurements
- Draft your own made-to-measure trouser block
- Making a toile of your perfect fitting trousers
Day Two (where the fun and creativity starts!) topics covered will include:
- Adapting your block to the trouser pattern of your dreams
- Different silhouettes - wide palazzo to skinny leggings and everything in between
- Pockets - placements and style
- Different closures
Dates: October 17th and 18th, 2022
Time: 10am to 4pm
Tutor: Alice Prier and Lilia Prier Tisdall
Location: The Granary Studio, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 2LH
For information regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to the updated Terms and Conditions.